Welcome to a World of Stories!
Folktales from Around the Globe
There is nothing like a good picture book to stir a child's imagination and create excitement about reading. Over the years, August House has published an extensive collection of award-winning children's picture books with stories from the world’s great oral traditions. Now, many of these folktales are available online as animated stories with read-to-me versions, as well as read-along narratives supported by differentiated lesson plans aligned with the Common Core Standards.
Who Uses Story Cove?
The Story Cove online resources and paperback books are popular with kids, especially emerging readers and kids who are becoming proficient readers. Teachers and parents throughout the US, UK, Australia, Canada, and Asia have been effectively using these animated stories, picture books, and lesson plans to:
- Strengthen core reading skills (Comprehension, Phonics, Fluency, and Vocabulary)
- Expand a child’s world view
- Nurture a child’s love of reading
- Increase a child’s understanding of different cultural traditions
- Reinforce positive character traits and values
- Provide a model for decision-making with positive and negative consequences
We invite you to experience Story Cove by viewing our Sample Story.